Castle’s Future Farmers of America are selling IMU tickets for Thanksgiving. All proceeds benefit Castle’s FFA Agriculture Program.
Bring your TURKEY or CHICKEN to roast in their imu. Easy peazy! Tickets may be purchased from the school office NOW.
IMU PREP / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT: 808-227-5324
On 11/27/19 (Wednesday)
- Thaw and season whole turkey or chicken – up to 25 lbs
- You may use a turkey bag to keep juices in
- Wrap bird TIGHTLY in heavy duty aluminum foil 6 times around
- 3 times around long ways
- 3 times around short ways
- Masking tape around length and width to keep foil tight – go around 3 times each way
- Write your first and last name with permanent marker on the masking tape. Failure to do so may result in you receiving the wrong bird.
- Place bird in disposable aluminum foil pan
- Drop it off to the Agriculture Shop (come through the cafeteria / tennis courts gate on Kaneohe Bay Drive) between 3:00 and 5:00 PM
- Turn in your ticket and receive a claim ticket
On 11/28/19 (Thursday)
- Bring your claim ticket
- Bring a pan, cooler or plastic bags to contain the juices from the turkey at pickup
- Pick up your cooked turkey between 9:00 and 11:00 AM
We will have a table with string and tape in case your bird needs to be rewrapped
- CUTTING AND PREPPING WOOD – Volunteers needed any time!
- TUE 26h: 12:00 – 5:00 PM to help prepare banana stumps
- WED 27st: 5-9 PM to load turkeys and close imu
- THRS 28th: 8AM – 2:00 PM to unload turkeys, distribute, close up imu and clean up
Download instructions here.
For more information, contact Carlos Severson at (808) 227-5324.
Castle Project Grad Holiday Craft Fair is looking for Alumni Volunteers!
Date: Sunday, Dec 8, 2019
Time: 7am to 2pm
Place: Castle Cafe and surrounding areas
Help needed with:
– Parking directions
– Unloading Vendors
– Alumni promotion
– All around assistance
The craft and gift fair is strictly run by volunteers. If you can help in any way, please contact the Chairperson, Teri Lynn Sato at (808)554-9620 or email her at email@example.com
Ben Parker Elementary will be holding their Benji Fair, October 18, 2019 from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
They are seeking volunteers to help with the event. They are looking for help in these areas: monitor parking, clean-up/trash collections during event, script counting and clean-up at the end of the event. To signup to kokua with the event, please contact Jen Nakamura, CHS c/o 2001 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Parker School website http://benjaminparkerschool.weebly.com/
Help is needed for two of Castle’s curricula. The following message is from Carlos Kaukahi Labasan Severson, Castle High School, Hawaii, Hoʻoulu ʻOpio Academy of Natural Resources, Agriculture / FFA Advisor.
“Aloha, we are looking for last minute funding for both of our programs this summer: Agriculture Science and Farm Maintenance Curriculum. We understand that you may not be able to fund us but perhaps a contact in your network might be interested in a taxable donation to us. Please help us by getting the word out.
Ag Science Dates: June 4 – July 3, Monday – Friday 8:00am to 2:00 pm
Farm Maintenance Curriculum: 8 hrs per week on a varied schedule June / July. Students get paid Hawaii minimum wage
Why: We were counting on additional funding but we recently found out that our programs do not meet the funding requirements of the grantor.
Amounts we are looking to receive with description: (Any support is appreciated)
- $1450 CASE AFNR Science Refill Kit (expendable and supplemental materials):
- $600 Light Microscopes and prepared agar petri dishes
- $900 Lead Teacher Salary Differential (salary shortage in current budget)
- $750 To pay for a third student to participate in Farm Maintenance Curriculum (we had to drop two students –
- $1500 to pay for two students, our original number)
- $1900 For new rakes, wheel barrels, gasoline, diesel, weed whacking supplies, tractor grease, shovels, irrigation repair materials, etc.
- $500 snacks for science
- $3400 to pay for a supporting science teacher – we hoped to really increase retention and understanding by having two teachers for about 12 students.
Descriptions of the programs are in the link below:
Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions via phone, text or email (I respond much faster to text and phone calls).
Carlos Kaukahi Labasan Severson
Castle High School, Hawaii
Hoʻoulu ʻOpio Academy of Natural Resources
Agriculture / FFA Advisor
Mahalo for your kokua!