Thank you members for your continued support of the Association and the students of the Castle Complex schools. Every donation, be it a dollar or a thousand is helpful to provide for the students.
As you consider making a donation to the Association, please know that, besides becoming a member and making a donation online, you can mail in your membership form with your donation. We will add your name to our membership database and add your donation toward our goal.
To mail a donation check to the Association rather than donate online, please download the membership form below and mail it with your check to the following address:
Castle Alumni/Community Association
P.O. Box 4432
Kaneohe, Hawaii 96744
To download a donation form to mail in, click this link: http://chsalumknights.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Downloadable-Membership-Form-01282019.pdf
Aloha! We hope you are all safe and well. The pandemic has changed all of our lives and your alumni association has been working through this to support the students in the Castle Complex schools. Given the safer-at-home restrictions, we will not be having an in-person annual meeting this year. Instead, we are reaching out to you with this newsletter.
We are always looking for new members, so if you know of classmates or anyone in the community who would like to support Castle High School and the other schools in the Castle Complex, please share our newsletter and our website and ask them to join our ohana. Our schools need community support more than ever! Please make a donation!
Please download the newsletter to read about our past activities and plans for the new fiscal year.
Help Castle High School earn scholarships while you shop @ Foodland!…Say ‘Castle High’ to the cashier. Castle High School is currently in 15th place and is now able to win three $2000 scholarships for our current graduating seniors. In addition to the scholarships, the top schools will also receive money towards their Project Graduation.
The Shop for Higher Education Program at Foodland is running now through March 31, 2020. Shop as you normally do and earn matching Maika`i points for Castle. Please spread the word to alumni friends and family!
Mahalo for your continued support of Castle High School.
Exclusive Castle Knights Merchandise
Fall is here and the fresh gear drops! Get it for yourself, or give to someone as a gift. Don’t wait because this is for a limited time only! Pre-orders due November 22, 2019. All purchases are final – no refunds and no exchanges. Distribution date December 9th thru 20th in Room 48 after school.
These items may be available at the Windward Holiday Craft and Gift Fair, December 8, 2019. See the flyer at the bottom of this post.
- T-shirts (short sleeve and long sleeve)
- Dri-Fit shirts (short sleeve and long sleeve)
- Cotton Hoodies
- Insulated water bottle
Castle’s Future Farmers of America are selling IMU tickets for Thanksgiving. All proceeds benefit Castle’s FFA Agriculture Program.
Bring your TURKEY or CHICKEN to roast in their imu. Easy peazy! Tickets may be purchased from the school office NOW.
IMU PREP / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT: 808-227-5324
On 11/27/19 (Wednesday)
- Thaw and season whole turkey or chicken – up to 25 lbs
- You may use a turkey bag to keep juices in
- Wrap bird TIGHTLY in heavy duty aluminum foil 6 times around
- 3 times around long ways
- 3 times around short ways
- Masking tape around length and width to keep foil tight – go around 3 times each way
- Write your first and last name with permanent marker on the masking tape. Failure to do so may result in you receiving the wrong bird.
- Place bird in disposable aluminum foil pan
- Drop it off to the Agriculture Shop (come through the cafeteria / tennis courts gate on Kaneohe Bay Drive) between 3:00 and 5:00 PM
- Turn in your ticket and receive a claim ticket
On 11/28/19 (Thursday)
- Bring your claim ticket
- Bring a pan, cooler or plastic bags to contain the juices from the turkey at pickup
- Pick up your cooked turkey between 9:00 and 11:00 AM
We will have a table with string and tape in case your bird needs to be rewrapped
- CUTTING AND PREPPING WOOD – Volunteers needed any time!
- TUE 26h: 12:00 – 5:00 PM to help prepare banana stumps
- WED 27st: 5-9 PM to load turkeys and close imu
- THRS 28th: 8AM – 2:00 PM to unload turkeys, distribute, close up imu and clean up
For more information, contact Carlos Severson at (808) 227-5324.
Castle Project Grad Holiday Craft Fair is looking for Alumni Volunteers!
Date: Sunday, Dec 8, 2019
Time: 7am to 2pm
Place: Castle Cafe and surrounding areas
Help needed with:
– Parking directions
– Unloading Vendors
– Alumni promotion
– All around assistance
The craft and gift fair is strictly run by volunteers. If you can help in any way, please contact the Chairperson, Teri Lynn Sato at (808)554-9620 or email her at email@example.com
Ben Parker Elementary will be holding their Benji Fair, October 18, 2019 from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
They are seeking volunteers to help with the event. They are looking for help in these areas: monitor parking, clean-up/trash collections during event, script counting and clean-up at the end of the event. To signup to kokua with the event, please contact Jen Nakamura, CHS c/o 2001 firstname.lastname@example.org