When you shop on smile.amazon.com, this Black Friday, you’ll be getting the same Amazon prices you’ve been enjoying and will make a contribution at the same time to Castle Alumni/Community Association. Just follow this link.
Exclusive Castle Knights Merchandise
Fall is here and the fresh gear drops! Get it for yourself, or give to someone as a gift. Don’t wait because this is for a limited time only! Pre-orders due November 22, 2019. All purchases are final – no refunds and no exchanges. Distribution date December 9th thru 20th in Room 48 after school.
These items may be available at the Windward Holiday Craft and Gift Fair, December 8, 2019. See the flyer at the bottom of this post.
- T-shirts (short sleeve and long sleeve)
- Dri-Fit shirts (short sleeve and long sleeve)
- Cotton Hoodies
- Insulated water bottle
Castle’s Future Farmers of America are selling IMU tickets for Thanksgiving. All proceeds benefit Castle’s FFA Agriculture Program.
Bring your TURKEY or CHICKEN to roast in their imu. Easy peazy! Tickets may be purchased from the school office NOW.
IMU PREP / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT: 808-227-5324
On 11/27/19 (Wednesday)
- Thaw and season whole turkey or chicken – up to 25 lbs
- You may use a turkey bag to keep juices in
- Wrap bird TIGHTLY in heavy duty aluminum foil 6 times around
- 3 times around long ways
- 3 times around short ways
- Masking tape around length and width to keep foil tight – go around 3 times each way
- Write your first and last name with permanent marker on the masking tape. Failure to do so may result in you receiving the wrong bird.
- Place bird in disposable aluminum foil pan
- Drop it off to the Agriculture Shop (come through the cafeteria / tennis courts gate on Kaneohe Bay Drive) between 3:00 and 5:00 PM
- Turn in your ticket and receive a claim ticket
On 11/28/19 (Thursday)
- Bring your claim ticket
- Bring a pan, cooler or plastic bags to contain the juices from the turkey at pickup
- Pick up your cooked turkey between 9:00 and 11:00 AM
We will have a table with string and tape in case your bird needs to be rewrapped
- CUTTING AND PREPPING WOOD – Volunteers needed any time!
- TUE 26h: 12:00 – 5:00 PM to help prepare banana stumps
- WED 27st: 5-9 PM to load turkeys and close imu
- THRS 28th: 8AM – 2:00 PM to unload turkeys, distribute, close up imu and clean up
For more information, contact Carlos Severson at (808) 227-5324.
Castle Project Grad Holiday Craft Fair is looking for Alumni Volunteers!
Date: Sunday, Dec 8, 2019
Time: 7am to 2pm
Place: Castle Cafe and surrounding areas
Help needed with:
– Parking directions
– Unloading Vendors
– Alumni promotion
– All around assistance
The craft and gift fair is strictly run by volunteers. If you can help in any way, please contact the Chairperson, Teri Lynn Sato at (808)554-9620 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
1972 Castle High School Alumni Kawaikapuaokalani Hewett is being honored by the Hawaii Academy of Recording Arts for a Lifetime Achievement Award. Hewett is a vocalist, songwriter, recording artist, kumu hula, and cultural practitioner.
Mahalo to the Honolulu Star Advertiser for the great tribute to Kalani and the other awardees.
The story can be found in today’s Honolulu Star Advertiser in the special PLAY section.
Ben Parker Elementary will be holding their Benji Fair, October 18, 2019 from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
They are seeking volunteers to help with the event. They are looking for help in these areas: monitor parking, clean-up/trash collections during event, script counting and clean-up at the end of the event. To signup to kokua with the event, please contact Jen Nakamura, CHS c/o 2001 email@example.com
Alumni!! Welcome back to campus for our Homecoming Varsity Football game vs. Leilehua High School Mules on Friday, September 20 @ 7:30p.m.
Alumni come sit by us and cheer for the team on the North End Zone (Tennis courts) bleachers.
KNIGHT PRIDE!! Wear school colors! New Alumni shirts have been printed. Now is your chance to purchase new shirts at the FFC (Families and Friends of Castle) table. Become a member of the Castle Alumni/Community Association! Come to our table!
Castle High School is seeking community representatives to participate in the annual “School Inspection” walk-through on Monday, September 30, 2019.
- 8:00 am Overview of task in Library
- 8:30-10:30 am Walk thru – evaluating Castle High School in six categories:
- Building Interiors & Exteriors
- Health & Safety
- Working complimentary lunch – At this time, all suggestions/input will be pooled to create a report that will be utilized by the administration, custodians, and eventually shared with our legislators.
Please contact Kathy Martin to participate. firstname.lastname@example.org
Alumni, the Kaneohe Elementary School Fun Fair is seeking volunteers for various areas and shifts! You can go online to sign up! Volunteers will be entered into a special raffle for a chance to win various gift cards. You must sign up by 6:00 pm, September 13, 2019 to qualify.
When: Friday, September 20, 2019, 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm
For more information, go to their website https://kesfunfair.weebly.com/
Help get the word out! Help Castle High School qualify as a Title I school. Castle High School families who apply for FREE AND REDUCED lunch will not only save some money, Castle High School could qualify as a Title I school and will get a higher priority for AIR CONDITIONING FUNDING!!. We need 75% FREE AND REDUCED LUNCHES TO QUALIFY.