Castle High School is seeking community representatives to participate in the annual “School Inspection” walk-through on Monday, September 30, 2019.
- 8:00 am Overview of task in Library
- 8:30-10:30 am Walk thru – evaluating Castle High School in six categories:
- Building Interiors & Exteriors
- Health & Safety
- Working complimentary lunch – At this time, all suggestions/input will be pooled to create a report that will be utilized by the administration, custodians, and eventually shared with our legislators.
Please contact Kathy Martin to participate. firstname.lastname@example.org
Alumni, the Kaneohe Elementary School Fun Fair is seeking volunteers for various areas and shifts! You can go online to sign up! Volunteers will be entered into a special raffle for a chance to win various gift cards. You must sign up by 6:00 pm, September 13, 2019 to qualify.
When: Friday, September 20, 2019, 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm
For more information, go to their website https://kesfunfair.weebly.com/
Help get the word out! Help Castle High School qualify as a Title I school. Castle High School families who apply for FREE AND REDUCED lunch will not only save some money, Castle High School could qualify as a Title I school and will get a higher priority for AIR CONDITIONING FUNDING!!. We need 75% FREE AND REDUCED LUNCHES TO QUALIFY.
Go to: https://secure.ezmealapp.com/ApplicationScreen.aspx
Help is needed for two of Castle’s curricula. The following message is from Carlos Kaukahi Labasan Severson, Castle High School, Hawaii, Hoʻoulu ʻOpio Academy of Natural Resources, Agriculture / FFA Advisor.
“Aloha, we are looking for last minute funding for both of our programs this summer: Agriculture Science and Farm Maintenance Curriculum. We understand that you may not be able to fund us but perhaps a contact in your network might be interested in a taxable donation to us. Please help us by getting the word out.
Ag Science Dates: June 4 – July 3, Monday – Friday 8:00am to 2:00 pm
Farm Maintenance Curriculum: 8 hrs per week on a varied schedule June / July. Students get paid Hawaii minimum wage
Why: We were counting on additional funding but we recently found out that our programs do not meet the funding requirements of the grantor.
Amounts we are looking to receive with description: (Any support is appreciated)
- $1450 CASE AFNR Science Refill Kit (expendable and supplemental materials):
- $600 Light Microscopes and prepared agar petri dishes
- $900 Lead Teacher Salary Differential (salary shortage in current budget)
- $750 To pay for a third student to participate in Farm Maintenance Curriculum (we had to drop two students –
- $1500 to pay for two students, our original number)
- $1900 For new rakes, wheel barrels, gasoline, diesel, weed whacking supplies, tractor grease, shovels, irrigation repair materials, etc.
- $500 snacks for science
- $3400 to pay for a supporting science teacher – we hoped to really increase retention and understanding by having two teachers for about 12 students.
Descriptions of the programs are in the link below:
Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions via phone, text or email (I respond much faster to text and phone calls).
Carlos Kaukahi Labasan Severson
Castle High School, Hawaii
Hoʻoulu ʻOpio Academy of Natural Resources
Agriculture / FFA Advisor
Mahalo for your kokua!
Join us for the Annual General Membership Meeting, Wednesday, June 26, 2019, at the newly renovated Castle High School Cafeteria, 6:00 pm,
[vc_row bg_color=””][vc_column align=”left” width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]Our General Board of Representatives met at the Castle High School Library March 20, 2019, to discuss and vote to make changes to our Association by-laws. The Representatives also had an opportunity to visit parts of our campus to observe changes. Attached are the minutes of that meeting.
To view the new by-laws, click here, or go to our Menu bar and select “About us/Association Articles of Incorporation and By Laws”.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
April 6, 2019
The Castle Auto Club is hosting an Auto Show Fundraiser.
April 6, 2019
9:00 am to 3:00 pm
April 12, 2019
The class of 2020 is hosting “A Knight in Kaneohe”, a food truck rally. Please support the class of 2020. To volunteer or donate supplies, please visit the signup site. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0C4AAFA823A1FE3-aknight1
April 12, 2019
2:00 pm to 7:00 pm
On the basketball courts
The Castle Band needs your help! The Castle Band Aid Association will be hosting a new type of fundraiser, selling mattresses. YES you read it right 🤔! This fundraiser has been very successful at other schools, raising thousands of dollars for the band programs who have done it.
This Saturday, March 30, 2019, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm at the cafeteria.
Congratulations to Castle High’s Girls Varsity Basketball team for winning the D2 OIA Championship! 63-52 v. Farrington in overtime last night!