Help is needed for two of Castle’s curricula. The following message is from Carlos Kaukahi Labasan Severson, Castle High School, Hawaii, Hoʻoulu ʻOpio Academy of Natural Resources, Agriculture / FFA Advisor.
“Aloha, we are looking for last minute funding for both of our programs this summer: Agriculture Science and Farm Maintenance Curriculum. We understand that you may not be able to fund us but perhaps a contact in your network might be interested in a taxable donation to us. Please help us by getting the word out.
Ag Science Dates: June 4 – July 3, Monday – Friday 8:00am to 2:00 pm
Farm Maintenance Curriculum: 8 hrs per week on a varied schedule June / July. Students get paid Hawaii minimum wage
Why: We were counting on additional funding but we recently found out that our programs do not meet the funding requirements of the grantor.
Amounts we are looking to receive with description: (Any support is appreciated)
- $1450 CASE AFNR Science Refill Kit (expendable and supplemental materials):
- $600 Light Microscopes and prepared agar petri dishes
- $900 Lead Teacher Salary Differential (salary shortage in current budget)
- $750 To pay for a third student to participate in Farm Maintenance Curriculum (we had to drop two students –
- $1500 to pay for two students, our original number)
- $1900 For new rakes, wheel barrels, gasoline, diesel, weed whacking supplies, tractor grease, shovels, irrigation repair materials, etc.
- $500 snacks for science
- $3400 to pay for a supporting science teacher – we hoped to really increase retention and understanding by having two teachers for about 12 students.
Descriptions of the programs are in the link below:
Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions via phone, text or email (I respond much faster to text and phone calls).
Carlos Kaukahi Labasan Severson
Castle High School, Hawaii
Hoʻoulu ʻOpio Academy of Natural Resources
Agriculture / FFA Advisor
Mahalo for your kokua!
Join us for the Annual General Membership Meeting, Wednesday, June 26, 2019, at the newly renovated Castle High School Cafeteria, 6:00 pm,
[vc_row bg_color=””][vc_column align=”left” width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]Our General Board of Representatives met at the Castle High School Library March 20, 2019, to discuss and vote to make changes to our Association by-laws. The Representatives also had an opportunity to visit parts of our campus to observe changes. Attached are the minutes of that meeting.
To view the new by-laws, click here, or go to our Menu bar and select “About us/Association Articles of Incorporation and By Laws”.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
April 6, 2019
The Castle Auto Club is hosting an Auto Show Fundraiser.
April 6, 2019
9:00 am to 3:00 pm
April 12, 2019
The class of 2020 is hosting “A Knight in Kaneohe”, a food truck rally. Please support the class of 2020. To volunteer or donate supplies, please visit the signup site. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0C4AAFA823A1FE3-aknight1
April 12, 2019
2:00 pm to 7:00 pm
On the basketball courts
The Castle Band needs your help! The Castle Band Aid Association will be hosting a new type of fundraiser, selling mattresses. YES you read it right 🤔! This fundraiser has been very successful at other schools, raising thousands of dollars for the band programs who have done it.
This Saturday, March 30, 2019, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm at the cafeteria.
Congratulations to Castle High’s Girls Varsity Basketball team for winning the D2 OIA Championship! 63-52 v. Farrington in overtime last night!
Castle’s Project Grad will be hosting a Winter Craft Fair, this Sunday, December 2, 2018 from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm. The fair will be on lower campus within the main walkway all the way down to the admin office.
They need 12 people to help with vendors, setup, and directing cars on where to park; there are four shifts:
6:00 am to 8:00 am
8:00 am to 10:00 am
10:00 am to 12:00 noon
12:00 noon to 2:00 pm
If you are able to help, please call Cory at (808)351-1481 no later than Thursday, November 29.
The Castle agriculture program will have Waimanalo eggplants for sale too! Please support them!
- $3.50 per pound
- Call Carlos Kaukahi Severson at (808)227-5324
Make this Thanksgiving a breeze. Castle High School’s Agriculture program will make your turkey or chicken for you, imu style. Here are the details:
Castle High School FFA Thanksgiving imu
- Turkey or Chicken only – 25 lbs max each
- Cost: $20 – money goes toward agriculture program and FFA club
- Purchase tickets directly from the school office starting Thursday October 25 (call 305-0700)
- Full instructions & information will be given upon ticket purchase
- Drop off Wednesday Nov 21 between 3:00 and 5:00 pm
- Pick up Thursday Nov 22 between 9:00 and 11:00 am
Volunteers needed in preparation of the imu
- CUTTING AND PREPPING WOOD – Volunteers needed any time! Please call Carlos Kaukahi Severson to arrange. We have chainsaws and wood splitters but you may bring your own too!
- TUE 20th: 12:00 – 5:00 PM to help prepare banana stumps
- WED 21st: 5-9 PM to load turkeys and close imu
- THUR 22nd: 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM to unload turkeys, distribute and close up imu